National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) in association with Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) has constituted the "NABARD-SDC Rural Innovation Fund (RIF) " . Like in TePP independent innovators are also eligible to apply. As those that would be eligible for NABARD grant would not be considered for support under TePP, applicants for agriculture related innovations may approach NABARD. For details of NABARD program see their website.
An illustrative list of areas is given below :
* Biological and Engineering measures/techniques which improve productivity of water.
* Design of economic and efficient water harvesting structures.
* Efficient water use systems : low cost micro-irrigation technology/ micro tube irrigation technology, etc.
* Diversification of farm activities - agro-forestry, silvipasture, agro-horticulture and animal husbandry etc.
* Organic farming - bio-fertilisers and pesticides.
* Development of location specific crops and agronomic practices.
* Development of small hand operated/ power operated tools/ implements that will support system diversification in rainfed farming/ crop husbandry.
* Support for design, development, plan and adoption of traditional efficient water harvesting systems.
* Support for documentation of farmers' innovations/indigenous technological knowledge.
* Innovative rain water harvesting for rural dwellings.
* Rural energy from biomas, agri waste.
* Storage devices for agricultural and rural products.
* Materials and designs for rural roads.
* Rural sanitation and waste disposal.